The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

I got a fun facts tag from Jenn B. over at StampinAngelJenn the other day. Have you visited her? She's an absolutely amazing person, she does so much volunteer work, spreads kindness and participating in RAKs and the like, I am very much not worthy to share her airspace. But I will at least participate in her tag and maybe something good will rub off on me.

1. Name 5 things that I do for myself:

  • I'm with Jenn on this one, stamp stamp stamp. That is my special time. I can get lost in my stamp space and work hard to create something beautiful, whether it's for one of the amazing companies I design for, a special card for a friend or family, or a fun thing like doing a stamp camp for my neighbor's girl scout troop. The creativity restores me. {Also, too long without and I can get a little...stressed. BAD for the family! So I guess it's the gift that keeps on giving, LOL}.
  • I love to read. I often read on the couch before crawling in to bed at night because there's so much going through my mind it's hard to shut down. Reading takes me into the story and gets my mind off my lists. I've always been a big reader, thank my mom & dad for that {hi mom!}.
  • Having a girl's night. Either something out-on-the-town - a mom's night dinner/drinks thing, or every once in awhile we go dancing at a club downtown, or just going to Archiver's and doing the Scrap Mania - 6 uninterrupted hours to stamp away and have girl talk. It's bliss. This should have maybe been #1. Don't get me wrong, I adore my boyz {even the big one, LOL} but sometimes mommy needs a break!
  • Getting a special treat for myself, which usually means a stamping-realted tool I've been drooling over {I drool for a LONG time over the pricey stuff before I can make any final decisions -- we have a budget after all}. Sometimes it means a cute new top or shoes too though. It's not often but sometimes ya need that!
  • Burritos from Qdoba. mmmm.....mmm....mmm....{sorry} That's my favorite place to eat. Yes, I know it's "fast food". Don't care! AND, it's cheap! Woo hoo!

2. Name 5 kind things I do for friends, my children or partner:

  • Send cards for birthdays/anniversaries/events. I also like to do little hand-made gifties, especially for people that go out of their way to be helpful to others, I'll drop off a little set of cards and envelopes, or a pen & notebook, nothing big, just a little "you're a rockstar, thanks for the help" thing. Everyone likes to be appreciated!
  • Ssshhh....listen. I listen to DS #1 tell me....everything. I listen to DH talk about his day and his work {and obsess over things of course}. Try to offer advice if possible or else, just be there. I listen to DS #2 try to talk. That's the best part I think. :-)
  • I clean this house every day, so that ten minutes after I'm done DS #1 can tear through like a Category 5 Hurricane and destroy the place. Again.
  • Take my friends' kids sometimes if they need a break. I am home w/ mine anyway, so if they need to get rid of theirs for awhile {LOL}, send 'em over!
  • I take care of all the "stuff" for the family. Cooking, errands, budget, banking, shopping, et al. DH works a lot of hours plus he has to travel -- has to go where the work is -- so I do...everything. Some days it's tough and some days I feel like nothing gets done, but I know it's a load off that he doesn't specific things looming; that gets too stressful for him. I take it back, I don't do everything because I don't mow the lawn. :-p I do everything else though.
3. Name 5 kind things I've done for a strangers:

  • I try to step up to RAK requests when I see them. I feel like happy mail can bring so much to someone {I know it does to me!} so when I see people asking for cards for sick friends or special occassions I always try to send one.
  • I am a Birthday Fairy in the Wish RAK Forum at SCS. I send a minimum of 4 birthday cards a month to other Wish RAK members. Before I joined Wish RAK, nobody ever sent me birthday cards -- probably in the last 8 years prior I'd gotten about 3. I guess it's not a big deal in the grand scheme, but for a papercrafter who just loves cards, it's kind of sad. So when they asked for Birthday Fairy volunteers, I signed up right away to try to do my part.
  • If I am lucky enough to be out running errands without my WJs {I mean kids} I always let the poor mom who DOES have her kids go ahead of me in line.
  • I always hold doors for people. It's just right. Everyone's going to the same place, are you going to get there any faster by rushing through the door without pause? And some days it's hard, because you don't know how many times I've been walking in to a store, DS #1 by the hand and carrying DS #2 and the person DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME lets the door slam in my face, or worse, on DS #1's little fingers. I mean, really?
  • I smile at everyone. You know, at the store or on a walk or doing whatever. I don't know why. I guess I just think it's a nice thing to do. Most people don't smile back, but hey, that's ok. I'd rather smile than run around with a big scowl on my face all the time anyway, right?

4. Name 5 hobbies I enjoy {I practically copied and pasted Jenn's again. She's got good taste!!}:

  • Card making/rubber stamping
  • Scrapbooking
  • Blogging and blurfing
  • Reading
  • Visiting with friends

My turn to pass on the tag! Please feel free to participate if you'd like. If you don't like, that's fine too. I'll still love ya. I mean, I might cry a little. But don't you worry about that! {hahahaha}

Have fun girls! And if you read the post all the way down here to the end....MWAH!

2 people made my day!:

Heather said...

Thanks Jennifer! I filled out your tag on my blog! Come check it out! Thanks for thinking of me!

Jenn Borjeson said...

awwww - thank you so much for your kind words!!! And I have to laugh, I think you are right, we MUST be long-lost sisters! hee hee I am also a Wish RAK fairy - and I ALWAYS smile at people, I cannot help it! You are right, they don't always smile back - as a matter of fact, sometimes they look around to see if the men with the straight-jackets might not be too far behind - but I don't care! It makes ME feel good!

Thanks again - hope you have a great day, my friend!!
Peace & Hugs, Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...