The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Lilac City Designs - First Card & TSSC22!

I know I have been a bad blogger lately; so sick, not checking in, no projects to share. I am sorry - I have missed you all very much. If I give you some eye candy, will you love me again?? Puh-leeeze?? *g*

What do you think? Do you LOVE LOVE him as much as I do?? This little man is the absolute cutest, I can hardly stand it. And he comes with the best little boy sayings too. Since I have two boys I knew just had to have these stamps. You can check out all of Kelli's offerings here.

This one also uses the sketch from MJ's TechnoStamper Sketch Challenge #22 {TSSC22}. I know it's been awhile since I've done her challenges, life's just been too crazy. This sketch went perfectly with my new little boy though, so I'm finally back in the challenge loop -- at least a little!

The colors on this one are Basic Grey, Real Red, Wild Wasabi and Buckaroo Blue. I stamped the little guy onto GP 110# white with my Palette Noir ink pad, and colored him with Prisma & Copic markers. I had to do his skin with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol because I don't have an acceptable flesh colored marker yet. I did the highlight with a Prisma marker too. The ground under his skateboard is also Prismacolor pencils. Take a look at this picture {sorry, I had to adjust the lighting to make the sparkley bits come out so the colors are a bit off}:

It's hard to see, but I after I colored the skateboard with a dark grey marker, I realized it was too plain. Of course this is a card for a BOY, so I didn't want it to be too fussy. But we all know that skateboard surfaces have that sandpapery/abrasive texture - so I coated the whole thing with a Quickie Glue pen and added Art Institute black glitter. You can sorta see the shiny flecks in the photo. It's still boyish though!

15 people made my day!:

Kelli said...

That's so cool with the glitter, how come I never thought of that?!

Looks awesome!!

Kelly L said...

TOTALLY cool! I just love it. I thought it looked like that asphalt paper stuff when I saw the glitter, and then read what you had typed. LOL

I ordered the Baseball boy this morning. Oooh, I can't WAIT to get it. They are SO cute. Now I could kick myself for not getting a girl set, too. :) Kel

Anonymous said...

so freakin' stinkin' cute!!!...love it!!!....love the glitter ont he skateboard, that was a nice touch!...
;) angie/craftyscrapr

scrappin{jewlz} said...

Wow! Clever idea!! It looks just like a real skateboard!!

I just ordered this set.. can't wait to get it!

nessy said...

fantastic card , it`s delighful ~and a must image for any mum with boys!!
vanessa xx
you can never have too much glitter!!

jo said...

very stunning card, jo x

MJ said...

He is a adorable and I love how you did the top of the skateboard -- Perfect. Great job with the layout too, thanks for playing. Glad you are feeling better.

Jenn Borjeson said...

That is absolutely adorable, I LOVE the glitter on the skateboard, it's still totally boyish with some extra pizazz! LOVE IT!
Jenn

Heather said...

Great card and the skateboard is PERFECT!

Kari said...

Great card!! I love the little boy and the skateboard is fantastic!!!

GlitterEmm said...

Hi, what a cute card. I love the boyishness of the black glitter! It adds dimension too! I'm a representative for Art Glitter, I would love to use this in our gallery. If you are interested please email me.

Allison Rankin said...

This is a great stamp...nice coloring and the glitter is brill!

Maureen said...

GREAT card! Love the coloring and that glitter really makes the board look real!!

Richelle said...

This is an awesome card and image! Iloveit!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful coloring, Jen. This is a fabulous card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...