The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sick Again...

And the timing could not be worse. I don't know what is wrong with me but I have a bad suspicion that it may be mono. I had a strep test that was negative but my throat is SO sore and gross - and it's not getting better. This is what has happened in the past when I had mono - and every time it's a big arguement with the doctors who either just think I'm a wuss or a dumb girl or who knows what. Last time, I had 3 negative strep tests and actually went on antibiotics (for strep) before they concluded that I had mono. I'll take it easy, I'll drink fluids, I'll do whatever. But I first need this pain to scale back a little because I can barely breathe. I know the doctor yesterday thought I was being dramatic. She gave me an oral lidocane rinse to help with the pain. Guess what? It doesn't help. Neither does anything else I've tried.

So anyway, that's why I didn't post any projects yesterday and such. I think I have a Friday Favorites scheduled to go tomorrow, but after that I'll be lying pretty low for a bit until I can somehow start feeling better. Please don't abandon me! I love you all, every one of your comments brightens my day. I have lots more stuff already made to share with you, including THREE new tutorials, and another big announcement. Just give me a little time. Plus, assuming I don't die between now and then, we close on our house tomorrow! So that's exciting.

8 people made my day!:

Monica said...

Jennifer.. hope you get to feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better. I also hope you are safe with all of this rain we are getting. Only in Wisconsin!!

take care,
Jessica Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen, you poor thing! You sound miserable. I give that oral lidocaine stuff the thumbs down. Like if I could open my mouth wide enough to gargle that far down my throat.....duh?

Etha said...

man that just sucks, my son just had the same thing and he was pretty out of it. He's had the exact same thing last year and all negative strep results, this year it was positive and he was almost happy! cause that made it easier to just get antibiotics and get on with life. He said ibuprofin helped him a lot with the pain.
Hope you get better soon!!!!!! HUGS

Tammy Hershberger said...

Jennifer, I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick! I hope things improve soon! I remember actually having strep years ago, and taking all the antibiotics perfectly, and getting it back again as soon as the meds were gone from my system. I remember crying to the doctor who thought I was just being overdramatic. Aren't they just pigs sometimes? I'll be thinking of you and hope things are better soon!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear you are sick! Hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Delia said...

Feel better soon Jennifer!!

NeedsARibbon said...

Suggestion for you - get the strep test redone! I have had several misdiagnosis on that from improper swabbing. Or tonsillitis. Stinks either way. Do the nasal bath thing. Keep your chin up. I have been there many times, and finally had the tonsils pulled 4 years ago. Stinks as an adult but man it helped! The blog will wait... ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...