The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Strawberry Daiquiri Rockstar

I've been waiting on posting this card because it's another one that I actually SENT to someone! Wow, twice in one month I mailed the cards I made. heehee. I actually made this one specifically to send so maybe that doesn't count into the *gasp* factor.

Since I sent it about 10 days ago I figure it has reached its destination by now. This one flew all the way to Florida to Beate at Fresh & Fun as a thank you for the AMAZING fresh & fun freebies {blog candy} that I won from her a couple of weeks back. She is so generous - I got a brand new Make a Wish set from Gina K and lots of yummy May Arts ribbon. *swoon*

The main image on this card is from the Happy Hour set from Firecracker Designs by Pamela. I think we all know how much I love that set! The sentiment is from the Starlight Starbright set from Verve Visual - this one has GREAT sentiments, I've been reaching for it quite a bit lately.

This is a small card - 4x4, and the colors are Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi and Rose Red (the DP). The DP came from a Stampin' Up! 6x6 pack, it's either the retired Palette O Prints or the current Level 1 Hostess set, I can't remember which one. The Hodegpodge frame is from SU as well - antique brass. I stamped the hurricane glass in Palette Noir on Shimmery White and punched it with the Marvy Mega circle punch (my circle Nestabilities are STILL on backorder!!!!). I colored the glass, highlight and "table" with Prismacolor markers. I "colored" the inside of the glass with my Quickie glue pen and dumped on Strawberry transparent art glitter. I punched the Wasabi prints paper with the Giga Scallop circle and layered them.

To make the umbrella I stamped it onto a scrap of the Rose Red DP and cut it out, cutting off the handle part. Then I cut a sliver off of a toothpick with my Xacto knife and slid it into the umbrella in the right spot. I also cut a slot in the glass itself and stuck it in. It has a bit of dimensional behind it, as does the Giga circle.

I did the wave cut with a special blade on my Cutterpede - first cut your paper to size then cut again to make the wavy edge.

That's it. I thought it was kind of a fun card and I love these colors together! I'll be using this combo again.

11 people made my day!:

Angie C said...

What a pretty card - love it

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic, Jen! The glass really sparkles! Love those colors! Nice work, as awlays!! :o)
Ursula

Richelle said...

I LOVE this card! The colors and the sentiment are just awesome.

Richelle

Maureen said...

Love your Happy Hour cards! You are making me want that set!!

jo said...

wow its very stunning, love it jo x

Unknown said...

Wow.. that is a great card. and i love the new photo :)

Hope all is well!
I added a JLO banner to the design team blog if you would like to add it :)

http://jlodesignteam.blogspot.com/

Jessica Lynn

nessy said...

stunning card -those colours work so well together!!
vanessa xx

~amy~ said...

Such a Fun & FABulous card! I found your blog via Beate's!

Sears Family said...

so pretty!

Anonymous said...

It's sooo beautiful and sparkly in real life! Thanks so much! That was one happy mail day when I received your card!
Hugs and smiles

Jackie Pedro said...

I love this card! I love the colors and that wavy border along the bottom!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...