The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, June 6, 2008

Artful Inkables Get Well Card

Here's a card I made earlier in the week to send to Kristin over at Artful Inkables. I read on her blog that she and her daughter were in a bad car accident a few weeks ago and she sustained some injuries {but will recover}. I figured I could post it since she should have it by now {not that she reads my blog, I'm SURE, but I have this thing about posting cards I've sent specifically to someone before giving the USPS a fair chance to get it to them in person -- I'm weird}.

I had bought a whole bunch of her stamp designs last fall when they were first introduced over at Starving Artistamps and I really like her style. All of the flowers are beautiful and I think he animals are just the cutest! She now has her own commerce website and is selling the stamps herself - check it out if you have a few minutes. She's got some beautiful samples in the card gallery too.

This card uses the layout from Page Plans #6. I *really* liked this sketch, but unfortunately I didn't get to play while it was the "current" week. Ah well, time does fly, doesn't it? It's hard to see in the photo but the right side of the scalloped circle has tiny rhinestones. The rest of the scallops have a 1/16" hole punched in them. I colored the flower with colored pencils and gamsol, and outlined it with a Prismacolor marker. The flourish die is a new 12" one from Quickutz I got at Archiver's last week - I love it! I snipped it down a bunch to work on my card - it is so versatile! I can't wait to play with it some more.

The sentiment is from SU's Sincere Salutations, I still reach for that set probably 50% of the time when I need a sentiment. That's saying something! The scallop is up on dimensionals. The gems are from Hero Arts - they come in a line, and let me say it's a real pain to cut them apart to use!! LOL. But that was the size I wanted, so no choice there. :-) {Life is so rough, huh?}

Happy Friday!! The Friday Favorites will be up later tonight. Hope everyone has a stamperific weekend - we have TWO 3- and 4-year old birthday parties to go to so I'm sure I'll be all done in!

4 people made my day!:

Angie C said...

Beautfiul card

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully done!

Maureen said...

Very pretty! Love all the bling!

Nancy said...

Very very pretty card....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...