The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #15 - Boys Can Bling!

Happy Tuesday! You may remember that over at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design, Tuesday is the design team challenge day - Try It Out Tuesday {uploading keyword TIOT}. This week DT coordinator Suzanne Dean challenged us to Bling It! You know I am always up for a good bling challenge, so here is my contribution:

I used another one of my fabulous Anki's Sweethearts from SCACD. This is Isac with Skateboard. Isn't he adorable?! I have two boys so I loves me a good cute-but-still-boyish image! Don't forget that Susana has a great deal on these fun images - buy the "bundle" of all 10 together and you save $16.50. That's like getting 2.5 stamps for free -- and free is good!!

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored him with Copics {of course!}. I went through and added some highlighting with the white gel pen after I had him all ready to go. The cardstock colors are More Mustard, Really Rust and Brocade Blue. Various papers from the Basic Grey scrap bin {thanks Heather!!!} to finish off the layers. I did the rounded panel with Nestabilities. Kaisercraft rhinestones along the side and viola! Plenty of bling but still made for a boy - the best of both worlds. I think one of my DS #1's friends will probably be getting this one as a birthday card, actually. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by today! Sale alerts for the store - all SMIRKS are still 50% off, and individual bottles of Flock are 25% off!! Don't forget to visit the SCACD store blog, Follow Your Heart, to see everyone's TIOT creations all in one spot! You can also visit the individual blogs by clicking the links on my left sidebar. Have a good one!

12 people made my day!:

Christine Riley said...

This is so cute! Love the colors and patterend paper.
Hugs, Christine :)

Danni said...

Oh how fun!! LOVE it!! What a wonderful job you did!

stampingtink said...

Boys can bling and not look like sissies! I love the blue and this baby is just too cute for himself! Love how he looks like he could just skate into my living room! Love boys like that!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Girl, you ROCKED this! I love how you rounded off that center panel with your Nesties - very clever! And the bling - holy cow!! Just darling!

Kimmie said...

Bling and a boys card are tough to put together but you totally kicked this challenge's booty!

Unknown said...

A fabulous card!

Justine said...

You are absolutely correct that boy's can bling and I love what you did with this little guy. Too Cute

Susana M said...

WOW Boys can bling and you were very brave to try the challenge on a masculine card. I like that very good coloring and Fun Layout :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute Jennifer! I love your layout & how you incorporated bling with lil' Isac! Love it!

hugz,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

What a fun card!! You did an incredible job on it! Love the colors and layout!! Beautiful pattern paper and embellishing!! Wonderfully done!!

Anne Harada said...

Adorable card and image! Love the layout and your coloring!

Deb Neerman said...

OMIGOSH! I love this layout!!! So unique and unexpected ... you're a flippin' genius, I tells ya, a GENIUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...