The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beautiful Emilia!

Yay, it's Saturday!! I have another card from the Anki's Sweethearts for SCACD stamp line to share with you today, this one is Emilia with Heart. Seriously! Do you not want to just cuddle her? She's just so sweet. I love the Anki stamps! Did you know that Anki's Sweethearts has its own PCP group? Come join us!

I stamped my Emilia with Heart image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with my Copics. I paper pieced the heart in the background with this pretty Basic Grey paper. I used the same pattern of designer paper on the top half of the card's background, snipping off the corners with the ticket corner punch so I could add some red Kaisercraft rhinestones. After I had everything assembled and added the polka dot ribbon, it didn't look "done" to me. I dug through my stash and pulled out some white paper flowers and tinted them to match the color scheme I had chosen for this card. Added some more rhinestones in the center -- THEN it looked done. :-)

Hope you have a wonderful day! Don't forget to head over to the SCACD store blog, Follow Your Heart, to see today's puzzle piece reveal for the big Elisabeth Bell blog candy!! There is still time to enter to win too so don't miss out!

Happy Easter! If you are traveling, be safe. I will see you on Monday!

8 people made my day!:

Justine said...

You are right, this is adorable. Ribbon makes EVERYTHING better. Hugz,

Kimmie said...

I love how you used that patterned paper for the background heart! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card!!! I love how you did the heart! Gorgeous colors! Sweet image. Such a great job on it!

Heather said...

This turned out fabulous. I love the flowers that you added!

Danni said...

Ohh, I never thought to paper piece the heart! Perfect! Another great card!

Christi Flores said...

How sweet! I love that dp!

Kari said...

Fun card! Love the image and the embellishments!

Janna said...

This is absoultely adorable! Seriously! I love this card! The papers are magnificient and I adore the way you did the paper piecing on the heart1 Too too cute! The coloring the flowers the ribbon everything works so well together!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...