The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #13 & MTTSC17 - Spring with Catherine


Spring is here for this week's Try it out Tuesday! Suzanne challenged us to create a Spring or Easter card. Well this Young Catherine with Friends from Anki's Sweethearts at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design and she just SCREAMS Spring to me with those new baby chicks. Lucky me, this week's Twinkling Tuesday Challenge was "In With The Old" - use a stamp you haven't used before. Since these Anki's are new to me it seemed like a good fit! {ok, I cheated a little; but I only used it once before because it was the first Anki I got and it was perfect for the other challenge today - so sue me}.

I also incorporated April's Sketch Challenge with a Twist, posted on the PCP page for SCACD. The sketch is there, and the twist was to include LOTS of embellishments. I didn't go TOO crazy but I can't turn away a good embellishment so this was a lot of fun. I stamped Catherine with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Copic markers. I added some highlights with the white gel pen. I *love* the Copic marker blue jeans bundle - perfect jeans every time! Added some paper piercing and a few rhinestones and she's all set!

I hope you all decide to play along with this week's challengees, as well as the April sketch with a twist for SCACD. Your keyword for Twinkling Tuesday is MTTSC17 and the keyword for Try it out Tuesday is TIOT. Be sure to check out all the other amazing DT blogs for more inspiration - all the links are on my left sidebar. Happy Tuesday!

19 people made my day!:

Justine said...

Way to go. I love your coloring, your shade and highlight so beautifully

Maria Matter said...

Hi Jennifer!
This is lovely! What great springtime colors and beautiful design! Your coloring is right on for this sweet image of Catherine and her little bundle of fluff friends! Really a lovely card Jennifer!!!
Blessings, Maria

Bonnie said...

I won't sue you - it is tooooo cute!! I had too many stamp unloved so I really didn't have a problem picking out my set!! Love this little girl because she has chicks with her!!

Heather said...

This turned out perfect. Great job!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is awesome....wow, blue jean bundle! I need to go get those colors now...that is too cool! Looks perfect ! How did you do the cheeks w/ the white?

stampingtink said...

She's just precious! I love the yellows and lavenders together. Great paper! You do great bows! So glad to have you creating with us this month! We'll have a blast!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Suzanne J Dean said...

Super cute Jennifer! She's so spring-y with her lil' chicks. Love your layout & embellies too!
Fabulous job on the challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne

Kimmie said...

beautiful paper piercing

Darla said...

Great job all around! I love the colors - so fun and springy. Great coloring, of course. Love the paper piercing and the bling!

Danni said...

Such a great card!! Love the yellow/purple combo! So pretty!

Cassie said...

so fun!! hope you are enjoying your vaca!!

Christine Riley said...

I love this card! Love your layout and coloring and the paper piercing is just the perfect touch.
Hugs, Christine :)

Christi Flores said...

What an adorable card!! Enjoy your vacation!!

Susana M said...

Hey Jennifer,
The color and lay out are fabulous love that color combo just great!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card!! Love the colors and layout!! Sweet image!! Fantastic job on it!

Kari said...

Great job on this card! I love how you colored in the image!! Wonderful!

Janna said...

Jen I love this!!! The yellow and purple are perfect and I adore what you did with the sentiment! So, so sweet! Your coloring thought is just beautiful!! You did a great job on this one! Don't worry I think it still counts! I mean comeon! There are lots of stamps that we have only used once!

Smiles,
janna

Heather Schlatter said...

Jennifer,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to commenting on all the twinkling posts!!! You did a great job with Anki!!!

I love your coloring and the layout is very cute!!!

Heather

Rebecca Ednie said...

Great springy colours. Ihavent heard of the Copic jeans bundle. What colours are in it? Love the card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...