The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shopping Diva Melanie!

Good morning! Today I have a card to share that I created using this fun Melanie image {Rubber Romance} from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her with Copics. The paper is from Basic Grey's LilyKate and I paper pieced the shopping bags using the same patterned paper. I didn't want to make this card too fussy because I think the image really stands on its own - it's such a cool one, plus it is a pretty good size and I didn't want to have it lost in a sea of flowers or something! :-)

Be sure to visit the SCACD store blog today, as the multi-talented Christine has a rockin' new tutorial up on making mini pizza boxes - SO stinkin' cute!! How fun would those be for a little gift set?! Thanks for the great ideas Christine!

We are still on vacation {so this is an auto-post} but I will be back this weekend and will be catching up on blogs and e-mail so if you've been waiting to hear from me, it will be soon, I promise! Hope you have a wonderful day!

11 people made my day!:

Aud said...

WOW! Your card is gorgeous! The colors are so springy, and I love how you did her bags!♥

Anonymous said...

Fabulous spring card!! Love the colors, pattern paper, and how it is embellished! Great image too!! Fantastic job on it!

Heather said...

This turned out super cool! I love the paper piecing!!!

Kisa Peters said...

Cute! Love the paper - the colors look great!

Christie Ortman said...

This is toocute, Jen! I LOVE this image...I might "need" her LOL. Love those pumps and I really like the DP you chose for this. Great card! Now come home!

Jessica Diedrich said...

HA! LOL I just realized I was signed in under Paper pretties when I left that comment so if you're wondering who the heck...'twas I said the fly! LOL!!!!

Danni said...

Ohhhhh, this is a great card! I love Melanie, doesn't she look like she's having so much fun!! I wanna go shopping like her!!

Diane said...

Such a sweet image,haven't seen that one yet! I love your card!

Ann said...

FAB card!!! Love the colors.

Bonnie said...

Oh Love your paper piecing and I adore Basic Grey Lilykate!! I hope they Never retire it!

Christi Flores said...

This is beautiful! I love that image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...