The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #14 - Sketchy Colors

Hello and welcome to Try it out Tuesday #14 from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design! This week design team leader Suzanne Dean challenged us to make a card using a sketch challenge AND a color challenge! The sketch is above, and the colors are pink, chocolate and cream. Yummy!! Here is my creation:

I chose to use Alicia for my project, she was just calling to me with this color combination! I like the sketch Suzanne created a lot, it works well for the size of this adorable Anki's Sweethearts images. Did you know that there is a "bundle" of these images - where if you purchase all 10 together in the bundle you save $16.50?? That's like getting 2.5 stamps for free!! Don't you love free?

I stamped Alicia with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, colored her with Copic markers and added some highlights using the white gel pen {must have!}. I used Petite Oval Nestabilities to cut her out and create some mats for the main image {it's on dimensionals}. After she was all set in place on my card I went back over the "fuzzy" areas of her cape using a Quickie Glue pen and then added some white Doodlebug Crushed Velvet Flock. So she really has a fuzzy winter cape! I love it! Chocolate brads in the upper right corner finish it off!

You can see all the TIOT projects on the SCACD store blog, or on everyone's individual blogs {links on my left sidebar}. If you upload your projects, use the keyword TIOT so we can find them all!

Thanks for stopping by today! It is also Twinkling Tuesday, but I am not participating due to being on vacation! Check out the blogs of the other Twinklettes though, I'm sure they have some great projects to share with this week's sketch! Today's keyword for that challenge is MTTSC18.

13 people made my day!:

Aud said...

Wonderful card!♥ Love the polka dot paper, great coloring too!

Hugs,
Aud

Danni said...

Oh this is so pretty! Wonderful job!

Christine Riley said...

So sweet! I love the polka-dot paper, that is too cute! :)
Hugs, Christine

Justine said...

Absolutely love your take on the challenge and of course I love your choice in DP. Polka Dots are my fav....

Heather Schlatter said...

This image is totally adorable I love the colors you choose for her outfit and the papers are great with it all!!! So so cute!!

Heather

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just lovely Jennifer! I love the flock you added for dimension--great job on the challenges!

hugz,
Suzanne

Christi Flores said...

How pretty!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card!! I love the black & pink together. Striking difference!! Love the image...so sweet!! Great job!

Janna said...

Jen this is just amazing! seriously!!! I love the papers and the way you colored your girl in! I never think to use my cocoa memento ink instead of black! I love it and the flocking is such a great idea! Can hardly wait to hear about your vacation!

Smiles,
janna

Maria Matter said...

Jen, this is beautiful!!! Love those polka dots! Your cards are always so beautiful!
Blessings, Maria

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty...such a darling image and your coloring is AWESOME!!! What a great idea to add the flock, too!!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is really cute! I love the sketch!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is really cute! I love the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...