The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Catherine Says Get Well Soon

Happy Saturday! Today's card features one of my favorite new images - Catherine the Vet from Anki's Sweethearts at SCACD. I love her little puppy with the bandaid. As soon as I saw her she went right in my cart - NO QUESTION about that one!!

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics, then went through and added some highlighting with the white gel pen. The colors I chose are Real Red, black, and Basic Grey. I cut her out with Labels 2 Nestabilities. Since I used the largest die to cut the image, I went back and cut another panel the same size from Basic Grey cardstock, cut it in half and adhered it to the image to show on the top and bottom to be my mat. I added it to the card base with dimensionals. I hand-doodled the faux stitching on the tag and image. The sentiment is from {Little Paper Shop}. Kaisercraft rhinestones in the corners {of course!} and she was finally ready to go. You know I love my rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by -- have a great day!

9 people made my day!:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!! What a really fun card!! Just love your coloring!! This would make anyone feel better!! :) Enjoy your weekend!

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGosh Jen this is ADORABLE! I HAVE to have this image for Madelynn OMG she will ADORE it! LOVE LOVE LOVE how you did the coloring/shading esp on her pants and below her coat. it's adorable! Love the little gems in the corner, too! Beautiful!

Danni said...

Super cute! I love how you matted the nestie, very clever!
Wonderful job!

Aud said...

Love your card, everything fits so well together, great details too!

Hugs,
Aud

Heather said...

This turned out super cute! Great job with those nesties!

stampingtink said...

So cute! I'd love to have that Catherine take care of my Hagrid! I love how you colored her and the colors are so great for healing. Love that Label Nestie! So, so sweet!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card!! I love the image...reminds me of being a little girl!! You did a fantastic job on it!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Deb Neerman said...

JENNIFER! How are you?!? I miss you so I had to toddle over here and see what the dickens you're up to!

This card is just adorable ... you're my stampin' idol ...

~Hugs!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This is really cute!! Great job on the coloring too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...