The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

NEW Lilac City - YKYR1, SC183

I got some new stamps from Kelli of Lilac City Designs the other day - yay!! Have you SEEN what she's been up to? These kids are so adorable and she comes up with the best sentiments. The newest little darling will be released on August 4th.

Also, here's a little story about two uber-talented stampers that started a new challenge blog. A nice, laid-back challenge blog for those of us who, sadly, at this point do not have unlimited time to be making challenge cards every day. This one is monthly - nice. The girls are Deb and Julie and the new site is called Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock.

Anyway, the first challenge they posted {YKYR1} is called "Rock the Cover" - check the CD in your player, find the cover art and be inspired in some way. You have until August 6th to participate.

Now, don't laugh, but here is the CD that was in our kitchen/dining room radio when I finally got it mounted and plugged in on Sunday - the thing has been in a box for weeks.Yes, right now I sure do feel like a "moooooooom"; but I have an almost 4 year old. These things can't be helped I suppose. {Although I will confess I considered cheating -- but in the end I just went with it}. And what better stamps to immortalize my version of a kid's CD cover art than with new kid-themed stamps? I love it when a plan comes together! Here's the card:
I also used SC183 from Splitcoast on this one. Pretty much all of my supplies are still in boxes, I had to dig dig dig to find some suitable patterened paper, ribbon and my Copics. It works though, right? I would have preferred more yellow in the PP, and circles instead of squares & such, but beggars can't be choosers, LOL. I'm lucky I came up with the supplies I did! That temporary stamping area is first on the list for this weekend or there is going to be trouble around here!!

9 people made my day!:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card!! It is so sweet!

Deb Neerman said...

OMIGOSH, Jen, how cute is this!?!? I laffed ready your post, but there's no question you're being honest when you say that the "Backyardigans" are in your CD player!

Great take on the challenge and thanks soooo much for playing! You rock!

~Hugs, Deb

angie worthington said...

awesome card!!!...i need to get busy!...
;) angie/craftyscrapr

Julie Koerber said...

Way to get creative and just go with it!!! I laughed too. And, you go moms! That's what I say! Just proves you love your kiddos when you are willing to put up with things like Kidz Bop, Backyardigans and dare I say (from personal experience) the Wiggles!!! ROCK ON my friend- ROCK ON!

Libby Hickson said...

Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog - you've made me laugh too!! Ok if you were brave enough to play the challenge with the Backyardigans, I should play too! LOL! And I have to tell you, you've cost me a lot of money tonight!! I had never heard of the companies you design for so I had to start checking them out. I just spent the last hour going through the Firecracker Designs site and ordered a few things!! I am so in love with soooo many of their stamps!!!!! I better hold off on visiting the other companies for now, I'm broke! ;-)

Libby Hickson said...

Oh how rude, I meant to add - love your card, it's so cute!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is so cute!! I love the choice of colors.

Kari said...

Very cute card!!! I am loving the that you were so honest about the cd!!! It truely is the life of a mom!!!

Anonymous said...

You deserve a slap down for that one! The card is great....u lose major cool points for having that cd. Last week I chucked a Tellytubbies vhs tape I found while cleaning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...