The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lilac City Skater - WSC31


Happy Wednesday! I am still alive, contrary to popular belief! Thank goodness for Blogger Scheduled Posts, huh? My camera had to take a little adventure back to Canon after an excursion with my DH (don't get me started) but it is fixed now and back in my loving arms - and I have a LOT of things to share with you. Starting right here with the absolute cutest boy around!

He is of course the Skateboard Boy from Lilac City Designs by Kelli Caslow. Did you know she's been nominated for a Guest Artist spot over at Sheetload? Click here to vote {for Kelli} in the poll until July 21st (it's in the upper left sidebar). If you'd like to purchase Lilac City Designs stamps, you can visit the etsy shop. I just took a peek and there are a few sets available right now! Kelli is also working hard to get the actual stamp manufacturing contracted out so she can concentrate on getting more images designed and have more supply on hand. We'll keep you posted!

Ok, back to the card. Seriously - I just love this kid! He's so cute. {I also have some new Lilac City sets to play with, so stay tuned for more samples soon!}. This card layout is from Beate's WSC31 - a great layout for this size of images. I stamped him in Palette Noir on GP 110# white cardstock. I colored his hair, hat, skin, board and shoes with Copic markers. I then stamped him on some camouflage paper I had in my stash, and on some denim paper and cut out his new shirt and pants. I made the little jeans patch and the cuffs a different part of the paper than the rest of the jeans so it had some definition.

I coated the top of the skateboard with my Quickie Glue Pen and added Art Institute black glitter (of course). I made the green star and black circle brads by dipping them into Mono Aqua glue and then into the pots of glitter and let dry. They are a little bit delicate (i.e. the "sugar" coating will peel off if you're too rough with them) but for the most part it works and I can have custom colors when I need them. Next time I might try Metal Glue and see if it works any better than the Aqua (although really, if you don't smash or rub at the glitter coating, it's really not a problem). I took some close ups in case anyone is interested in the details.


Thanks for stopping by!

12 people made my day!:

Heather said...

Cute card!

Deb Neerman said...

OMIGOSH, Jenn, this is AMAZING!!!

I love, love, love it!!

YKYR!!!

~Hugs

Tammy Hershberger said...

CUTE! The black glitter on the skateboard is a great touch!

Hey, how are you feeling? Healthier, I hope!

Maureen said...

Great card! Love the glitter on the skateboard and especially the star brads! Also love the paper piecing!

Kelly L said...

Oh my goodness, Jenn, I LOVE this little guy. I love the swiss dot bg colored with the green to make the dots really show up, the glittery skateboard and star brads, and your paper piecing is PERFECT! His clothes look so real. I think you really ROCKED this image. GREAT job! :D Kelly

angie worthington said...

great card!!!...glad that you got your camera back!!!...have fun playing with the new stamp sets!...i am having a blast!...
;) angie

Kari said...

Fantastic card!! I love the little guy! And his skateboard and the stars are so fun!!

Richelle said...

Great card! love the kid too he just looks so happy to be on his skateboard!

Allison Rankin said...

Cuteness Jennifer!

Kelli said...

Oh this is awesome!! I love the pants!!

Took me a while to get over here to see it, it's been a LONG week, my husband has been working double (and triple) shifts all week to help pay the bills so that makes for one tired mommy!

Maria said...

Awesome job! I love love the images they have! OMG! Do you know if they have any plans for DT calls or anything?

Julia said...

Great detail!!! Love the jeans! This one awesome little dude!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...