The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Thanks Much - A WSC46 Entry

Happy Saturday to everyone!!! Yesterday was a fabulous stamping day for me, although it was not just for me. I had my neighbor's girl scout troop over for a little stamp camp, and they each made three cards. So I pretty much spent the whole day designing and cutting to be ready for that. It was worth it though, we had a lot of fun - she is such a sweet person and her older daughter is also our main babysitter. They have stamped with me before, but all the other girls were first timers! She had specifically asked for a thank you card (which is this one), and we also did a Mother's Day and a Father's Day card - perfect timing!

This card uses Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge sketch - WSC46. Here is the sketch:

What a fun sketch, don't you think?! I am really liking these longer cards lately - more room to design with and something fresh and different is always a good thing. I made my card 6.5" x 4" and I think that is the perfect size! Here are some close up pics of the swirly paper piercings on the right side of the card - I think they turned out pretty cute! Again, I wanted something a little different there and with this color combo, I liked the plain white in that area without any stamped images....but it was still too naked, so I came up with the piercing idea.


10 people made my day!:

jo said...

very stunning, jo x

Gia Harvey said...

Gorgeous card Jennifer. Love the colours.

Maria said...

This came out very nice! Love the piercing!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card :-)

Maureen said...

Very nice! I really love the pierced swirls!

Richelle said...

Wow...that would be fun(with the girls)! I just have boys :( But my youngest likes to stamp with me.

Pretty card.

Linsey R said...

Gorgeous card and design, Jennifer! I love your paper piercing on the white, so fresh and pretty! I bet those Girl scouts had a fabulous time with you, what a super fun idea for them! You're so great! TFS this too!

Anonymous said...

I like the longer cards too. You did a fabulous job with your naked area, paper piercing is perfect for this. Did you get any Girl Scout cookies and can you hook me up with some Samoas?

Angie C said...

Very pretty card Jennifer

Kari said...

Beautiful card!! Love the piercing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...