The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fall Flowers - Belli #19 & SC177

Here's a multipurpose card that I made on Monday night. Despite the MANY problems I managed to encounter while creating it, I'm fairly happy with the end result. This is one of my May cards for the Firecracker Designs by Pamela design team - I had the set "Fall Flowers". I also incorporated Sketch Challenge SC177 from Splitcoast, and this week's Belli Challenge #19 - to use the white gel pen. That's no trouble since I LOVE the white gel pen!

A quick overview - I stamped the image in Palette Burnt Umber on the Nana's Nursery - Baby Girl paper from DCWV. Then I stamped it in Palette New Canvas on the Burgundy cardstock. Cut out the blossom image and layered it over. I didn't think the New Canvas ink was opaque enough, so I went over it with the white gel pen {the one from Stampin' Up!}. Then I doodled around the edge with the white gel pen, and I just couldn't stop - LOL - so I added the little faux-cross stitch "x"s. The colors are white, Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava, and Bravo Burgundy.

10 people made my day!:

Etha said...

What a neat design! I love how you drew the gel pen square around the image!! And stamping on DP is always fun :)

Holly said...

Very cute! Love the xxxx in the corners!

Rochelle W said...

Super cute card! I had a hard time coming up with mine. I love your x's. Great job with the challenge.

Jo said...

Fantastic card...love the image you've used!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card!! Love the image and the colors!

Maria said...

This came out really nice!

Chrissy D said...

Hi Jennifer- Fabulous design- I like the x's in the corners. Thanks for playing in the challenge! Have a great day!

Jill said...

Very pretty colors. I like the patterned flower. Fun card!

Anonymous said...

Jen, love these colors!

Maureen said...

Love the paper piecing and the faux stitching!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...