The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sitting Pretty - CC152

Here's another Spring Flowers - Sitting Pretty card for Firecracker Designs by Pamela. This one uses Color Challenge #152 from Splitcoast Stampers (CC152).

This is a 5.5" x 5.5" square card to accomodate the size of the main image. I colored the main image with my Prismacolor alcohol markers and colorless blender pen. I included a close up of the flower to better show the shading and highlights. It takes a lot of practice, but I think (I hope!) I am getting better at using these markers. I love using them, they give such depth of color and the ink goes on so smoothly without pilling the paper like water-based inks can.

Do you like those red beads? I got them in the

Christmas section of Hobby Lobby when they were like 80% off after the holidays. It's a 1 yard continuous string - I just cut off what I needed. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them when I saw them, but I knew I had to have them!!! There's a reason we stampers have so much stuff in our "stash".

Complete supply list. Stamps: Spring Flowers - Sitting Pretty from Firecracker Designs by Pamela, Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Backgrounds splatter image. Cardstock: Real Red, Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal, GP 110 white. Ink: Palette Noir, Ballet Blue, Real Red, Apricot Appeal. Accessories: A*Muse page oval page pebble thing (I forget what they are called), Prismacolor alcohol markers, Copic colorless blender, white gel pen, beads from Hobby Lobby, dimensionals, sponges, Marvy Super Jumbo scalloped oval punch, EK Success corner rounder.

1 people made my day!:

Diane said...

Such a pretty card,love the image and the colors you used!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...