The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

First Valentine - Prickley Pear

I know I haven't posted since Monday - sorry! I haven't been feeling that great, but I do have projects to share. I'll post one tonight, but I have to rephotograph the others in the morning before I can get them up.

This is the first Valentine's Day card I've made this year and I HAD to use my new stamps from Prickley Pear. I love this Hearts & Flourishes Valentine half sheet of rubber. This is a really simple card - and I went for a classic look with this one - black, white and red. I used the Pastel Embossing technique on the "Be My Valentine" sentiment because the plain white was just too....white. LOL.

I embossed the hearts with white EP on red cardstock and cut them out. The layer they are sitting on is put up on dimensionals. I used clear and red rhinestones for corner accents.

I put the Cuttlebug folder in at an angle just for something different, but I didn't like that it was so hard to see on the black cardstock, so I rubbed white over the raised spots to give it more definition.

More Valentines coming your way tomorrow so check back!

Complete supply list: Stamps - Valentine Hearts & Flourishes from Prickley Pear. Cardstock: Basic Black and Real Red from Stampin' Up!, GP 110 white. Ink: Versamark, White Craft. Accessories: Blender Pens, Stampin' Up! Pastels, Cuttlebug & folder, dimensionals, self-adhesive rhinestones, heat gun, and white EP.

2 people made my day!:

Etha said...

Beautiful! I love how the red hearts just pop out from the card and the cuttlebug folder at an angle is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

what a great valentine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...