The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Prickley Pear - First Project!

Well I sat down yesterday to stamp a bit with the intention of making my fourth card for Firecracker Designs by Pamela with the Doodles 4 set.

I started working, but the stamps had other ideas as you can see!! I ended up flipping and enlarging the card, adding *tons* of distressing, and turning it into a project for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps! I've been itching to get ink on these images and I guess the time was right! Isn't it fun when the art has a mind of it's own?

This card is a 5.5" x 5.5" square card featuring the horse from the North American Animals plate from Prickley Pear. I LOVE these animals! They are so beautifully drawn, I expect them to leap right off the page! I got the full plate in my welcome basket, but I had actually purchased a few of the individual stamps a while back so I had a couple of duplicates. Hmm, I wonder what I should do with this amazingly gorgeous stamps that I have no use for.... Let me think about that for awhile and I'll get back to you all soon. Is anyone else thinking blog candy? *g*

No real trick to this card. Quick highlights - I stamped the horse image in Really Rust CRAFT ink and then added shimmer chalks from Pebbles Inc. / I Kan'Dee. I just got these (both sets of shimmers, of course) and I adore them. So easy to use and such SHINE - drool worthy for sure! I took another photo from an angle to try to show off the shine (click and you can see it!). Why is it so hard to get that glimmer on film?! I distressed the HECK out of all the edges, even the edges of the ribbon knot. Added lots of brads along the top with my paper piercer and template. The word "Journey" is also from that plate, I inked just that word from the quote using my Really Rust marker, then added Chocolate Chip accents around the edges to give more depth. Easy!

Complete supply list: Cosmo Cricket DSP "Wanted" line; Stampin' Up! cardstock in Really Rust, More Mustard and Sage Shadow; GP110 cardstock in vanilla; SU craft ink in Really Rust; SU markers in Really Rust and Chocolate Chip; Palette Hybrid ink in Burnt Umber and Haystack; Pebbles Inc/I Kan'Dee Shimmer Chalks Shimmer Pearlescent; sponges; Tonic edge distressing tool; brown satin ribbon from RABOM; dimensionals; brads from SU hodgepodge hardware kit in antique brass.

2 people made my day!:

Unknown said...

I just love this card!!! (I sent you an email) Great job!!

Jessica Lynn

Etha said...

Beautiful card!! I love your coloring and layering on this one, just pretty! Also I seem to become a sucker for square cards ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...