The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

TIOT66 - Olde Tyme Cards

Happy Tuesday stampin' friends!! Today we have another fun Try It Out Tuesday challenge from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design to jump start your creativity! This week's challenge {TIOT66} is Olde Tyme - make a card that uses ONLY sepia tones or ONLY shades of grey (as in an olde tyme photo)! Ooh, tricky today Suzanne!

Well of course I chose to use one of the latest and most gorgeous addition to Susana's amazing collection of EXCLUSIVE images, Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Sampler #4 Collection!! This is All Grown Up. Isn't she though?? I confess, she's my second favorite from this release.

I stamped her with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on PTI white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. Before I did the background I cut her out with Classic Rectangle Nestabilities and then went over the whole background with my E50 Copic marker to look like a faded photo background with a white border around it. Scuffed up the edges with the distressing tool as well, just a TINY bit.

The picture shows it just a little bit, but I painted over the pearls on the necklace using Smooch Illuminate Pearlized Top Coat ink to give some sparkle. This is a GREAT product, it gives a clear-finish dazzle to anything you add it to, without changing the color (other than to add the iridescent sparkle). Perfect for today with that tonal look! I used a paint chip (love that Home Depot!) as one of my background pieces and kept with the sepia color palette with the papers as well. Why did I use a paint chip? Well because when I saw this week's sketch on the Mojo Monday blog {MOJO137} it jumped right out at me! Here's the sketch:


Thanks for stopping by today! I will see you tomorrow. Have a good one!

9 people made my day!:

Ruth said...

Great card, Ruth x

Anonymous said...

This card and the one before it are fabulous! You have done an awesome job on both!!!

Pam Varnell said...

This is gorgeous Jen. Love the paint chip addition.

Crazy Creations said...

Your card is great TFS Hugs Sarah

Jean said...

Fabulous card! Love it!

Danni said...

Neat card! Great job!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very cool Jen, love the colors!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a sweet creation:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

wonderful card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...