Wednesday, April 9, 2008
You may recognize it from last week's Guest Designer page at Clear Artistic Stamps. Since Belinda has another project up there for this week, I thought I'd post this one here for those who might have missed it. I loved this card and it was fun and easy to make. You should see the sparkle of this card in person! Here's a close up view of the glittered roses:
1. Cut white cardstock to 5.5" x 8.5". Score and fold the long side at 4.25". Stamp "Love" from the Sweetpea Sweetheart stamp set in the bottom right corner and set aside.
2. Stamp the rose image from the Nature in Word stamp set onto an acetate sheet (I used overhead transparancies) using Black StazOn. Once it is dry, flip it over and apply glue from the Quickie Glue Pen to the flower bloossoms. Be careful not to apply too much glue or go outside of the lines!
3. Once you've coated the blossoms, cover with Art Institute Ultrafine Opaque Glitter #1 "True Red". Tap off excess.
4. Repeat Step 3 for the stems. I used Art Institute #114 "Leaf". Let the glittered images dry very well (I set them aside overnight).
5. Using Nestabilities Petite Oval dies in the Cuttlebug, cut and emboss an oval in the front-center of the white cardstock you cut at the beginning.
6. Place your finished image into the oval frame (glitter side down) and adhere acetate to the inside of the card.
7. If the inside of the card looks messy where you adhered the acetate, you can cut another quarter-sheet of white cardstock with an oval window and cover it up - basically sandwiching the acetate between two layers of white cardstock with ovals cut out. The reason I say to cut the oval out of the second layer of cardstock is so that the front of the card has a completely see through window with glittery roses in it - like stained glass.
Complete supply list. Ink: Black StazOn. Stamps: Nature in Word & Sweetpea Sweetheart stamp sets from Clear Artistic Stamps. Cardstock: GP 110# white. Accessories: Nestabilities Petite Oval dies, Cuttlebug (for Nestabilties), Overhead transparancy sheet, Quickie Glue Pen, Art Institute Opaque Ultrafine Glitter in #1 True Red and #114 Leaf.