The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, June 26, 2020

Sugarcoated by Erin Nicholas - Book Review


A NEW SERIES FROM ERIN NICHOLAS!!! It's in caps because I'm shouting with excitement! Highly recommended! 

I guess I forgot to share this on my blog when I first wrote it up (it went on Bookbub, Amazon, Goodreads and all the usual suspects, buttttttttttttt.....) Anyway - no idea how that happened; brain failure as per usual these days I suppose! 😆😂🧠 Since Making Whoopie (Book 3 in the series) releases on Tuesday (aaaaah I can't wait!!!), I thought I'd better get this one shared!

Read on...

Sugarcoated is the first book in the new Hot Cakes series by Erin Nicholas, and she has the BEST recipe for sexy, swoony, sassy small town romance! If you haven’t read Erin Nicholas before, you’re missing out on SO many levels!

The residents of the rural town of Appleby, Iowa have stolen my heart with their hilarious, stubborn, laugh-out-loud personalities. Everyone we've met is so darn LIKABLE, you're just rooting for them right from the start.

So yes...I love LOVED this book - brother's best friend is SUCH a fabulous trope, and we've got a little friends-to-lovers twist here too. There's the perfect balance of slow burn & steam to keep those pages turning. You can't help but love Zoe - she's sweet, loyal and proud. Aiden is returning to his small-town roots with big plans for settling down, protecting the town's economy, and winning Zoe's heart.

I had lots of giggles with the baking terms tossed around in the dialogue and definitely enjoyed not only the steamy fun but the serious ’m thrilled beyond words that we have more sticky sweet Hot Cakes goodness coming our way, and I can’t wait to see the remaining bachelors meet their matches!

My general rating rationale:

3 – Perfectly fine story, perhaps some minor editorial errors. Entertaining. Typically with this rating I feel like there could have been MORE – be it believably/relatability, character development, internal dialogue, explanations or depth, richness to the overall storyline, etc. May lose a bit of engagement here and there but always finish reading.
4 – A very good book. Engaging, with well-developed characters, a great plot, relatable scenarios; keeps you invested to the last page. Would recommend to reader friends.
5 – Can’t say enough amazing things, loved the characters, fabulously detailed plot, a quick hook, intense investment in both story and characters (including supporting characters) throughout the book. Will tell anyone who will listen that they should read it (if they won’t listen, I’ll be louder).

0 people made my day!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...