The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tutorial and JessicaLynn Sample

I am finally getting around to posting the tutorial I mentioned last week, as well as another sample from my stash of JessicaLynn Original stamps. This is a get well soon card featuring the Punny: Get Better Soon set.

For lack of a better term (or other info), I call this technique "Crumpled Vellum". I did not invent this, it was shown to me by a sideline at a little Stampin' Up! meeting a couple of years ago. I have no idea where she learned it but it's easy and gives cool results so I thought I would share it!

Crumpled Vellum:

You will need: White vellum paper or cardstock (paper is MUCH easier to work with), pre-cut to size, classic ink in color(s) of your choice [1 or 2 colors], bone folder, and heat gun (optional).


Step 1: Begin with your vellum paper, cut to size. Very carefully, crumple the vellum up into a ball. It will tear easily so be gentle.


Step 2: Once the vellum is crumpled up, smooth it out and look at the wrinkle pattern. If you are satisfied with the amount of distressing and the number of creases, smooth over it with the bone folder to get it as flat as possible. If you think there aren't enough creases, you can crumple it up again. Just make sure the last thing you do during this step is to smooth out the paper with the bone folder.

Step 3: Using the direct to paper method, gently rub your classic ink pad over one side of the paper. This will highlight the creases with ink. Set aside to dry. You can also use your heat gun to speed up the drying. When using heat on vellum, remember - smoke is bad!

Step 4: If you want to have another color on your background, you can flip the vellum over and repeat step 3 with a second color.

Step 5: Finish card as desired. This card also features the layout from Sketch Challenge SC142 from Splitcoast.

This set has an "innie" sentiment to go along with the cute phrase on the front - it says "Hope you get better soon!"

1 people made my day!:

BarbK said...

Great technique and tutorial! Thanks, I'm going to give it a try. Your card is delightful. JessicaLynn has some really terrific stamps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...