The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Cupcake Craft Challenge with Aurora!

Welcome to the weekend!! Woo hoo!! Today I wanted to share a card I made using our gorgeous new addition over at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design, AURORA!! The new collection is called Victoria Case for SCACD - The Aurora Collection and I know you love her as much as we do! She is available now!

I used a sketch for today's card from over at the Cupcake Craft Challenges. This is challenge #74 and here it is for reference {I made my card 5" square}:

I also used a color challenge {although I forgot when I blogged this due to EXTREME jet lag coming home from our vacation --- sorry!!!}. My new favorite for colors, the Copics Colour Challenge blog, this is CCC48. My colors are a little off {the blue} because I really wanted to use this yummy paper, but I was going for this combo when I made it so I say it counts! Here's the swatch:
This image is called Aurora with Bird. I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on PTI white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I added some highlights with the Ranger white gel pen when I was done there. Basic Grey patterned paper of course! Some little pearls at the top to finish it off {Kaisercraft} and she's all set!

13 people made my day!:

Kruemel said...

That image is so cute and youßve colored it perfectly! Love your color combo. Great take on my sketch too!
Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week.

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Jennifer. Gorgeous image, lovely papers and I love the colour combination. Just great.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Danni said...

How sweet! Love your coloring, especially on the bird!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this Jennifer! The sketch is terrific and I love all the BG DP you used ... cute, cute, cute! Jess like you ...

Have a great weekend, Kiddo!

Christi Flores said...

This is precious!!!!

Diane said...

Absolutely lovely!!! What a sweet image and your coloring is fabulous!

Shelly said...

Beautiful paper and colours! What a fun image too, so beautifully coloured! Thanks so much for joining in with the Cupcake Challenge this week!
Hugs Shelly ;)

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card. The image is adorable and the papers are perfect. Glad you enjoyed using Kathrin's sketch. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Liza said...

A gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful blog. I really love what you have created.
I have just launched blog candy on my blog (http://brentwoodjournals.blogspot.com/)
Have a great day
Jessica Lynn

Juls said...

ooooooooooo I just love this!!! gorgeous image, and the colour combo is just lush!! fab card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! As always, beautifully done!

Aud said...

Oh, this turned out so beautiful! Love the colors!♥

Hugs,
Aud

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...