The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

All About The Essential Glue Pad

I have had several people ask me about The Essential Glue Pad by Tsukineko, which I have mentioned in previous posts when talking about card recipes. I will start by saying this is a FABULOUS product and everyone needs one. LOL. Here's why...

The Essential Glue Pad is basically glue in an ink pad. So you can now apply glitter and other products in the exact image of your stamps, instead of stamping with ink and then trying to add glitter with 2-way glue. Now, I am aware that you can get the same results by using Heat and Stick powder, however, with the glue pad you don't need 2 steps, AND best of all, you don't have to heat to activate or to set the adhesive after you apply your product!! It doesn't get any better than that.

You can use the glue pad to apply glitter (ultrafine has best results), pigment powders (i.e. Pearl Ex and similar), chalks, and I have heard, metallic foil flecks, but I have not personally tried that. It works like this:

1. The pad comes uninked (unglued! but I will use the term "inked" b/c it makes for an easier read) with a reinker, just like StazOn Opaque pads. To use, apply glue over the pad. You can ink up as much or as little of the pad as you want at a time. I usually do about half the pad. It will start to dry out between uses so you will need to reapply if it starts to get dry. That's ok, the reinkers for the pad are cheap and well worth it. Plus, it doesn't take much to ink it up anyway.

2. Once it's inked up and ready, just take your stamp and tap it on the pad surface just like an ink pad. When you have full and even coverage, stamp onto your paper. TIP: Like craft ink, the glue is a bit on the gooey side, especially if you were liberal when inking up the pad. Be careful not to overink, especially for fine line/detail stamps, or it will look fat and smudgy after you apply your medium to the paper.

3. Apply glitter, Pearl Ex or whatever you'd like over the image. No need to heat set - once it's dry you're ready to go!

4. Clean your stamp like normal.

A note about using the glue with other products - this is NOT sticky strip/tacky tape! I tried it with microbeads but when the glue dried the beads would come right off if you touch it. So stick to fine glitters and powders and you'll have very happy results.

Here are a couple of cards that I've made that utilize the glue pad. Season's Greetings #6, Season's Greetings #1.

Hope this helps!!

2 people made my day!:

Estivalia said...

thanks for posting this! I've been wondering what kind of gluepad I should get, and this clears any doubt I had with Tsukineko's gluepad! :)

Estivalia
http://paperleisure.wordpress.com

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Awesome. Great to have this info. You saved me a headache with microbeads, Thanks! :0) Mel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...