The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TIOT59 - Cinema Inspired!

Happy Tuesday stampin' friends!! Today we have another fantastic Try It Out Tuesday challenge from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design to jump start your creativity! This week's challenge {TIOT59} is to create a card inspired by the movies! What a fun idea!

I chose Little Carolyn from the newly released Victoria Case for SCACD Hearts and Hugs Spring Collection for today's project. Did you know that you can buy the set of all 7 stamps in one sheet for over 30% off the individual price? That's a deal!

My movie inspiration scene is from Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. There were a couple of scenes on the swings in the movie and they were pivotal to the storyline. I thought of it instantly for this week's challenge. Here is my card:

Today's card details - all patterned paper from Basic Grey - the ultimate!! Susana has the BRAND NEW Kioshi and Green at Heart BG patterns up on the store website RIGHT NOW, so hurry over to snag yours! Really loving these latest patterns, look for some samples using them coming soon!!

I stamped my sweetie with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on PTI white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. Accents and highlighting with the Ranger Inkssentials White Gel Pen. The white dots on the scallops of the sentiment panel are also the Ranger pen. I added some Raspberry Fizz Ultra-Fine Flower Soft to the flowers on the swing, some Kiwi SMOOCH to the leaves, eyes, and shoes, and Crystal Stickles to the flowers on her dress (which is paper-pieced with the BG paper as well), and small Kaisercraft Rhinestones all along the length of the top layer of ribbon. You know I can't resist those embellishments!! The sentiment is from Pink Cat Studio, available at SCACD.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're inspired by all the beautiful DT projects, we'd love to see your cinema-inspired creations. I will see you all tomorrow - happy stamping & big hugs to all my readers!

5 people made my day!:

Juls said...

awhhhh just so sweet! Hugs Juls

Danni said...

Very sweet! Love the pink and how you did the ribbon!

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a beauty!!! Those papers are my fave, and I am loving all that bling!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

wonderful card! love the ribbon too!

Pam Varnell said...

What a precious image. Love your card Jen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...