The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Anki's Sweethearts - Catherine with Butterfly


TGIF, huh?? Today I wanted to share a card I made last week for the Viva la Verve February challenge over in the Verve Splitcoast Forum. I had just gotten this FABULOUS image from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design and I was DYING to get it inky. The image is from a new, exclusive line called "Anki's Sweethearts" and can only be purchased from SCACD. They were designed by Anki Bargman - I think they are just the sweetest!! This one is called Catherine with Butterfly. Who can resist an image that has "with butterfly" in the name??

I used this VLVFeb02 sketch with a twist for this project. The twist was to NOT use patterned paper {which is a shame because I had some all picked out!!}. Here is the sketch:


So, as you can see, no patterned paper. I did run the Groovy Guava and both the Ridinghood Red panels through my Cuttlebug though, to give it a little something for definition. The Guava cardstock DOES match the pinkish-coral color I used on her dress, even though it doesn't look like it in the photo. :) I colored her with my Copics, added the double-layer of ribbon and some self-adhesive pearls per the sketch. The horizontal layer is on dimensionals and so is Catherine.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a great day and a good kickoff for the weekend! Don't forget to enter my blog candy, HERE, I will draw the THREE winners after midnight on Sunday. See you tomorrow! I might even have another giveaway then, so check back and see. ;)

5 people made my day!:

Lisa L. said...

The colors are beautiful. Good job.

Kimmie said...

This came out super cute!

Danni said...

Oh you got Cathrine with butterfly!! How wonderful!!
Your card is so nice, love it!! Great job!!

Janna said...

Oh Jen!!! I love, love, love this card! The color combo is so unique but I am loving it! i really want to give this a try. I only hope my card turns out as cute as yours! Great coloring on that Anki image. I have been eyeing them for awhile now and I relaly think I need them!! So, so cute!!

Smiles,
janna

Anki said...

Again - a wonderful card. I really like the warm red you have used. Kram - Anki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...