The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Opalite Smoosh Sympathy

Here's the first card I made using my Firecracker Designs Spring Flower - Sitting Pretty stamp set (my February design team set). Can you believe it's mid-month already! This has been done for about a week but I was too busy to take a picture.

I had made these Opalite Smoosh background pieces awhile back but never did anything with them. {Opalite Smoosh is a technique I got from my Technique Junkies newsletter - check it out!}. Opalite is an interference ink, so it only shows up on dark cardstock. This particular piece is Always Artichoke, because I wanted to try something other than black. :)

Project highlights - I heat embossed the flower using white EP. The main image piece is attached with dimensionals. I used the slot punch and threaded the white organdy ribbon behind the main image, then I tied the burgundy velvet ribbon over the top of that knot. I used the splatter pattern from Stampin' Up!'s Itty Bitty Backgrounds (my most used stamp ever) and also some sponging around the background of the Artichoke piece.

Complete supply list. Stamps: Spring Flowers - Sitting Pretty from Firecracker Designs by Pamela, Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Backgrounds Splatter image, Sympathy sentiment from CowTown Stamps. Ink: Opalite reinkers in Arctic Emerald, Crystal Blush and Sterling Frost, Stampin' Up! Always Artichoke, Versamark. Cardstock: GP 110, Stampin' Up! Purely Pomegranite and Always Artichoke. Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware frame and brads, artichoke marker, dimensionals, white EP, heat tool, white organdy and burgundy velvet ribbon from RABOM, slot punch, ticket corner punch, sponges, squeegee, mini glue dots, Bella Baubles from Stamping Bella.

1 people made my day!:

Lastel said...

Really pretty !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...