The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Domino ABC Magnets

So here's what went INTO the tin I posted a little bit ago. Domino magnets! These are sooo much fun to make. This particular set is the entire alphabet, made from the retired Stampin' Up! set Animal Alphabet. At first I was going to do some words and names for her, but that can get confusing so I just stuck with the standard ABC's.

I buy my dominoes at Target in the games section (just regular plain old dominoes). I very lightly scuff up the surface with fine sandpaper to give the ink and pencils a better grip. I stamp with StazOn ink and color with colored pencils. Sometimes I add Stickles or additional sponging around the image. The final step is to coat them with Mono Aqua glue to seal them. As a little extra, I will sometimes sprinkle a little glitter onto the wet Mono Aqua for a little extra overall shine. You can never have too much glitter!! Attach magnets to the back with a hot glue gun.

Again, not a great photo (it's a bit yellow, huh?). I tried to fix it in Photoshop Elements but I think it was too far gone. Aside from that yellow tint it's not too bad. Like I said, the lighting in there is not so great and DH was at the door yelling at me to "come on!" so I took a couple quick pics, scooped the magnets into the tin and ran out the door!

Complete supply list: Stamps - Stampin' Up! Animal Alphabet (retired). Ink - StazOn in Jet Black, Cactus Green, Azure, Vibrant Violet and Fuscia. Accessories - Prismacolor pencils, mono aqua glue, hot glue gun, magnets, sponges, dominoes.

2 people made my day!:

Deb Neerman said...

Three words: Oh. My. Gawd!!!!

These are awesome!

Michele Cronsell said...

What a cute idea! Very nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...