The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, April 17, 2015

Wags 'n Whiskers: Flower Power!







Hello and Happy Friday! Wow, another week has just flown by around here. But all good things, the kids are staying busy, the weather is GORGEOUS and of course got in some stamping time!

Today we are bringing you a new challenge over at Wags 'n Whiskers. In the true vein of springtime, we want to see FLOWERS! Don't forget, there are FREE STAMPS up for grabs! Bring on the floral fantasy with your lovely creations, and link up on the W'nW blog post!

Here is my card, using the image "Fairy: Lacey". She's my favorite of the fairies, but they are all quite lovely. You can find all of them in the Wags 'n Whiskers shop.

I had a hard time pulling this card together initially. I had a different sketch and layout in mind, but it just wasn't working. I ended up changing it around and I'm much much happier with the end result! I did use a sketch for this project today, Digi Sketch Challenge for this week, which included the sketch, with an optional twist of flowers. I also chose the inspiration photo piece from Creative Colors (#33) for my color palette. I actually searched around for a color challenge specifically for this image. I LOVE it (I think I mentioned that....) but when I'm doing fairies, I tend to gravitate toward pink/green/white as my color combo. Not that there is anything wrong with that! I love that one. I have a whole bunch of them in my stash, and they are so pretty and girlie and fun. But I wanted to branch out a little bit today, and this bright, springy, happy photo really caught my eye! So here are my inspirations:





Instructions:

This is a 5.5" x 5.5" square card. I gave it 1/4" margins all around (the 1/8" didn't allow enough of the layers through for my taste). The Orchid layer is stamped with the outline Mosaic Background Stamp from Starving Artistamps in Versamark and heat embossed using "Bridal" embossing powder from a local stamping shop - a clear EP with a purpleish glitter tone to it (how's THAT for a description?!). Of course Lacey is done in black on Papertrey white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I cut around her to use the circle Nestabilities and the entire main image layer is adhered with dimensional foam tape. The patterned paper pieces are from Die Cuts With A View, Basic Grey, and Stampin' Up! All flowers are from Prima and the pearls are Kaisercraft (they are yellow). I paper pierced the edge using my SU piercing template and did the faux stitching effect using a gold metallic paint marker. The sentiment is actual wooden Scrabble tiles I pilfered from a Scrabble board game to further the cause of extreme stamp supply {hoarding} needs. :)

Challenges:


15 people made my day!:

Lena said...

Beautiful card! Love that sweet image and the way you coloured her. Lovely card design too.
So glad to be on the DT with you :-)
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Judith said...

I love the design of your card and such a pretty colour hugs Judith x

applejack cards by sue said...

This is so pretty and vibrant. A beautiful image and lovely papers. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT. xx

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with 613 AC Rachel dt

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

So pretty card. Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

hugs
Claudia
DT CCC

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous and thank you for joining us at Fan-tastic Tuesday happy crafting Judith DT xxx

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous and thank you for joining us at Fan-tastic Tuesday happy crafting Judith DT xxx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

MarĂ­a Pilar said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at CCC

J said...

What a lovely card! I really like the lime/purple combo and your fairy is spot on! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more.

Jackie

Moni said...

Beautiful project!!! Thank your for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Monica.-DT

Eve's Been Reading said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Digi Choosday Challenge and our theme of 'Pearls & Gems'. Yvonne (DT)

Danni said...

What a pretty card! Great colors!! Still have to say it's great to see you back creating!

What I Created Next said...

Adorable creation. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Pearls & Gems challenge (DT)

Sabrina Jackson said...

What a beautiful card and that image...just gorgeous! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in our Creative Colors Challenge! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...