Today we are bringing you a new challenge over at Wags 'n Whiskers. In the true vein of springtime, we want to see FLOWERS! Don't forget, there are FREE STAMPS up for grabs! Bring on the floral fantasy with your lovely creations, and link up on the W'nW blog post!
Here is my card, using the image "Fairy: Lacey". She's my favorite of the fairies, but they are all quite lovely. You can find all of them in the Wags 'n Whiskers shop.
I had a hard time pulling this card together initially. I had a different sketch and layout in mind, but it just wasn't working. I ended up changing it around and I'm much much happier with the end result! I did use a sketch for this project today, Digi Sketch Challenge for this week, which included the sketch, with an optional twist of flowers. I also chose the inspiration photo piece from Creative Colors (#33) for my color palette. I actually searched around for a color challenge specifically for this image. I LOVE it (I think I mentioned that....) but when I'm doing fairies, I tend to gravitate toward pink/green/white as my color combo. Not that there is anything wrong with that! I love that one. I have a whole bunch of them in my stash, and they are so pretty and girlie and fun. But I wanted to branch out a little bit today, and this bright, springy, happy photo really caught my eye! So here are my inspirations:
- 613 Avenue Create - #119: Create Your Own (Square, Thinking of You, Wooden Shapes)
- Crafting From The Heart - #55: Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion - #257: Anything Goes
- Crafty Cardmakers - #136: Wings
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday - #81: Square card + Pearls
- Creative Colours - #33: Photo Inspiration + Embossing (photo above, and I used heat embossing)
- Loves Rubberstamps - #147: Pearls
- Digi Choosday - #15 Pearls
- Inspiration Destination - #29: Anything Goes
- Penny's Paper-Crafty - #223: For The Girls
- Whimsy Inspirations Challenge - #82: Colouring an Image