The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

TIOT41 - Metal Musings

It's Tuesady!! Do you love it?! We have another fantastic Try It Out Tuesday challenge from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design for you today! This week's challenge (TIOT41) is called Metal Musings - Suzanne wanted to see the metallic tools (Smooch, Creative Inspirations Paints, etc.) and the metal embellishments (brads, clips, charms, the works!).

I first chose my main image. I decided to pull out another of the Special Edition Ornament Collection by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD images -- this is called Surprise. I LOVE her hair!! When I grow up I so totally want Elisabeth Bell hair. ;-)

I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on PTI white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. After she was colored up, I cut and matted her and added my first metal pieces - silver brads on the main image. I set her aside and worked on the rest of the card. Patterned paper is from Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses. The card base is PTI Sweet Blush painted over with Fairy Dust Inspirations Paint to give it that SUPER SHIMMER! You can catch some of the background shimmer in the top left corner of the photo. I just painted it onto the entire card base, let it dry, and then assembled the rest of the card. The silver sentiment frame is from a hardware kit.

Be sure to check out the SCACD store blog for lots more metallic inspiration! I hope you play along with us, we LOVE to see what you create!

4 people made my day!:

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is ADORABLE Jen! She's such a sweet image and I love the way your layout came out w/ the hardware. I should use mine more often..never think to. Just sent you a LoOOOONG email, LOL. Have a great day!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Such a lovely, lovely creation!!! I *heart* the beautiful colors and all that fabulous shimmer on the card base! I really need to get my hands on some of that awesome Inspiration paint!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Dianne said...

Beautiful card Jennifer. The hardware sentiment really set it off.

Suzanne J Dean said...

She's just beautiful Jennifer! I love the metal around the sentiment, pretty colors & fab layout!

Congrats on the new Paper Pretties DT too!

hugz,
Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...