The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Monday, January 19, 2009

LPS Monday - Construction Zone

Happy Monday!! Now, normally I wouldn't say such a crazy thing, LOL, but I am excited today to participate in my very first Little Paper Shop {LPS} Monday!

We had a big "family time" weekend, and an unexpectedly long one at that as my DH was off work on Friday due to the cold weather. Since it was the all boy channel around here I was inspired to pull out the Caution-Construction Zone set and get to "work"!

Since this is a manly card, I needed a manly color combination. Splitcoast Color Challenge to the rescue! This is for this week's challenge, CC201. The colors are Kraft {I *heart* my Kraft!}, Not Quite Navy and Baja Breeze. Yum!

I stamped the bulldozer in StazOn so it would smear the interior lines just a tiny bit when I colored it with my Copics and get the black streaks running through the yellow of the image. All good construction site equipment should be a bit sooty and dirty, right?! I stamped it again on scratch paper and colored just the bucket, then cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals {you can see it if you click the BIG view}.

I colored over the windows with a blue pencil and then added some Sky Blue Shimmerz over the top to simulate glass reflection. I masked off the dozer and stamped a shadow underneath with my ovals, and then watercolored the rest of the "dirt" around it in a lighter color. I had to add some Shimmerz there too - sand sparkles! I did the clouds with my cloud template and a sponge {Baja Breeze} and hand-doodled the box around the image with a Not Quite Navy marker.

Hope you have a great Monday! Be sure to visit the rest of the LPS design team for lots of fabulous inspiration from The Little Paper Shop! {Links on my left sidebar}.

11 people made my day!:

Kimmie said...

This is a great card! And the punch you used is awesome - who makes it?

Danni said...

Ohhhhh!!!! I love this! Your coloring is amazing!! I might have to invest in this set as it'd be perfect for little boys! Awesome card!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Yeah, seriously? It LOOKS like dirt...soot...all of the above. Your coloring is so lifelike..wow! Even down to the glass! LOL All boy channel...We have those days even with two girls! ha ha ha. It was fun"stamping" with you this weekend! Soem good chats ;) Again, welcome to the team!!!

Janna said...

Congrats again!!! I am just so excited for you!! And I love this card and the color combo! It is absolutely perfect and how smart are you to actually smudge the ink!!! Brilliant! I never would have thought of that!!

Lots of smiles,
Janna

Cassie said...

i'm so glad you are on this team too Jenn - looking forward to all the super cute creations you'll share!!

This card is really cute - I think this is one of my favorite LPS sets!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is so cute! You did a great job with the coloring and I love the layout!

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable! Love that color combo!!

Julia said...

Great boy card!! Love the color combo : )

Bonnie said...

Love your layout and the dirt looks like dirt.....lol! Perfect!

Mary Dawn said...

love the colors, j-glitter!

Etha said...

Sweet! the zigzag MS punch goes PERFECT with that image!! great thinking :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...