The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

LLPC012 - Embellished Cupcake

Wow, it's the end of the weekend already! I've been meaning to post this card all day. Last night I went to Scrapmania with my friends Heather and Jess and we had a blast. I managed to get THREE {eek, only three!} cards done, and this is one of them. Quality over quantity!! {Right?}

Mandy over at Limelight Papercrafts posted her bi-weekly sketch challenge plus product focus, and I really wanted to play along since I hadn't done one in awhile. So this was one of the projects on my "must do" list last night at Mania. Here is the sketch:



as you can see I accidentally "mirror image'd" it, LOL. The product focus was to use textured elements.

My texture was the pink tulle, the satiny ribbon along the seam of the paper, and the pearls on the cupcake. I actually used textured and bling'd cardstock as the card base as well (but then I covered it up with patterned paper! oops!). The image is from Pink Papery Studios.

You still have a few hours to play along with Mandy's fun sketch!

7 people made my day!:

Danni said...

Did you change your blog look? I like it, very pretty!
Cute card and how fun to get together with friends!

Mandy said...

I LOVE that cute cupcake! Great job with the texture!! :) So glad you got to play along this week! :)

Kimmie said...

fabulous take on the sketch!

Ceal said...

Love this card! and I have to tell you...You have One Lovely Blog!
I left you an award on my blog , go check it out

Jami said...

I love this cupcake...and I love how you colored it!! Awesome!
hugs, Jami

Cassie said...

your cupcake is too beautiful!! love the tulle and pearl thingy!

Lori McDonough said...

Hi Jennifer - my name is Lori and i am the illustrator that created the cupcake stamp you used for this card. I am so excited to see how you used the stamp and LOVE the darling card you made with it. It is such a thrill for me to see my illustrations come to life through you and the other girls on the design team. Just wanted to say hi and let you know that i will be back. :-) Lori

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...