The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Radient Rain, Anyone?

Remember the weekend before last when I posted about how I was going to be demo'ing the use of the Radient Rain products in the Prickley Pear booth at a stamp convention here in town? Well, here is one of the samples I made for the booth! Sorry for the lack of photo perfection, we had a cloudy day when I took these, and I left all my samples with Nicole for future use so I can't retake unless I recreate!

I think it turned out neat! I was pretty relieved too because I had NEVER used this product before, and a couple of days before the show I sat down in my {brand new! pictures coming soon!} stamping area and played around with them. This product comes in either a spray format or a dauber, it is a colored liquid along with matching colored mica that you shake up and then use to spray {or dauber}. I am the first to admit I was a little leery but it's COOL. It's EASY and FAST, dries pretty quickly too and there's a lot you can do with them! I'm also convinced those bottles are a lifetime supply, heehee.

Anyway, for this card, the top layer is the piece I did the Radient Rain work on. I took a large silk flower, layed it down over the top of some plain white cardstock and started spraying! I used Jaspere Red with Gold for this one. You can let your colors dry in between, or not. It depends on what kind of look you're going for. Here, I didn't. Also, you can see how it's the negative of the flower image that is left on the paper after I pulled it off - except in the middle? I got the middle extra, extra wet {by accident} when I was playing, and the liquid wicked out toward the petals a little since the flower was fabric. Then when I pulled it off, this is what was left. I liked it a lot so I made it the focus of the card.

The sentiment is stamped on vellum and added to a stamped frame I cut out and added on. I also stamped on some Brushed Gold cardstock for the bottom layer. All stamps from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.

Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

7 people made my day!:

Heather said...

This is really pretty! I might have to try that out!

Anonymous said...

OMG, what a stunning card!! The colors are gorgeous! Love the images you used. Wonderful embellishment!! Beautifully done!

Christi Flores said...

This card is so pretty!!!

kc_froglady said...

Fantastic! I love how the fluid wicked thru to form the center of the flower and them the petals being a stark contrast to that. Great card! I have no Radiant Rains - thanks for adding to my growing "NEED" list! LOL

Anonymous said...

WOW Girl!! This is a gorgeous card!! It looks so 3-D!! BTW...your tutorial was awesome!! TFS!! :) ((HUGS))

Kari said...

Stunning card! I love the flower!!

Jane said...

Great card! I bet you helped sell a lot of the Radient Rain with this sample. I demoed for Prickley Pear when they did the convention here in our town this year. Had a great time doing it.

Jane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...