The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TIOT56 - Winter Susan

Happy Tuesday stampin' friends!! Today we have another fantastic Try It Out Tuesday challenge from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design to jump start your creativity! This week's challenge {TIOT56} is to create a project featuring a holiday stamp -- used in a different way or for a different holiday than it was originally intended! That Suzanne has some pretty cool ideas, doesn't she?! Here's mine:


In case you've been off the blog circut the last few days, I'll remind you that we are right at the beginning of a BEAUTIFUL new release from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. Another amazing collection of EXCLUSIVE images, Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Sampler Edition 3!!

What a great set, such sweet little girls, with signature Elisabeth Bell details. I stamped this wonderful Winter Susan in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on PTI white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. Accents and highlighting with my new American Crafts white Ultimate Gel Pen. I decided to make her a birthday card for my "twist" today.

Next I added some of the new Magic Mesh {this is great stuff, thin and flexible, easy to work with for punching and die cutting, not bulky or stiff at all!!} over the top of my horizontal pink glittered panel to tone it down a bit and mimic the texture of the background piece. Worked like a charm!!

I couldn't stop adding embellishments to this card! EVERYTHING just seemed to call to me! I have several more basic Prima flowers, and I have added some Kaisercraft pearls to the green ones on the sentiment panel. For the upper flower set I colored the base flower to match Susan, then threaded through one of the Prima mini roses. I then sprayed the whole thing with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz to give it some oomph and keep up with my sparkly papers. So easy to get that little "extra"!

Let me talk to you about the Smooch Spritz for a minute. Two words: In Love. I have lots and lots of the Shimmerz Spritz, and I have played around bunches with the Radient Rain sprays that came before all of these. My honest opinion is that the Smooch Spritz is BY FAR the best! It mixes so well to get ready to use, and gives such a pretty, metallic shine when you spray. It does not come out clumpy or splotchy AT ALL, which has been my biggest complaint in the past. Nothing like ruining your finished product with a big glob of spray, right? You won't have that problem with the Smooch. Check them out here at the store.

ALSO, Susana has the NEW 2010 Spellbinders IN HAND! Get over there and get yours before they sell out. Fastest service out there and some of the first I've seen in stores too! Woohooooo! (Enabler, I know, heehee!)

Be sure to check out the SCACD store blog for lots inspiration today! Make it a good one and stamp happy, I will see you tomorrow!

4 people made my day!:

Heather said...

This is super cute. Love how you colored her.

Christie Ortman said...

This is adorable Jennifer. Love the colors, the layout and the image!

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully created!! Love it!

Dianne said...

Fantastic Card! I really like the colors and layout you used.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...