The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Belli Challenge Wednesday - Thanksgiving!

Wednesday already?! LOL, I know, I always say that right? Well that means it's time for the Belli Challenge! If you're not familiar with the challenge, belli is short for embellishment - each week our challenge founder, Chris, chooses an embellishment or theme for us to showcase. This week is #40 and the challenge is THANKSGIVING (keyword CBC40 on Splitcoast).

This card uses one of the great new fall stamps from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. I love this pumpkin! Here is the full sheet if you're interested in checking it out - Fall & Winter 2008 Half Sheet.

The colors are Handsome Hunter, Black, White, Summer Sun, and some patterned paper from the LSS. This card uses the Pencil Over Ink technique, which is very simple, but really pops. It works best with solid or mostly-solid image stamps on dark colored cardstock. For those that aren't familiar with this technique, here's a quick overview -

Pencil Over Ink:

First, stamp your image in a good white ink. I have found that Palette New Canvas, Brilliance Moonlight White or SU's Craft White will all work, however I prefer the Palette because it dries fastest and doesn't need to be heat set. I can't STAND waiting around for things to dry!! Once it's dry, take your colored pencils and color over the image, letting some of the white around the edges still show through. You can use several different shades to give more depth, you don't have to do any special blending or anything like that. Just color. I have used both Prismacolor penciles and Koh-i-Noor pencils with good success. This card used the Koh-i-Noor.

That's all! Easy peasy, right? Yes! Go try! *grin*

Oh, but before you go, click on over and check out the gorgeous designs of the rest of the Belli Challenge Design team for this week: Holly Brown, Chris Dickinson, Danita Hollander, Shelly Koskinen, Joan Ervin, Rochelle Wick, Ceal Pritchett, and Lori Ames.

15 people made my day!:

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is beautiful!!! I like the swirly pumpkin.

Danita said...

Jennifer, what a beautiful card. That pumpkin reminds me of the pumpkin used for Cinderellas carriage all swirly and pretty!!! I love the technique you used on it also!!! Great job!!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! What a super cool technique and I love the pumpkin image!!!

Holly said...

How pretty! Love your pencil over ink coloring!

Debby said...

Great job love the swirls and the pencil over ink technique.
Angel hugs
Debby

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous girl!! Great job!!!

Rochelle W said...

Very pretty. I love the technique you used.

Dawn said...

Just Lovely! I love this technique and you did a great job with it!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card!!! Great technique!!! Love it!

Tiffany's Epiphanies said...

i love your pumpkin card!

Unknown said...

Adorable card!! I will not be at the card show in Novemeber. (sorry) Wish I was, I will be photographing a wedding that day. :) Be sure to take a lot of photos to share!

Jessica Lynn

Anonymous said...

What a really pretty card!! Love the technique on it!! ;)

Kari said...

Gorgeous card! Love this technique! I am going to have to try this one!

Shirley said...

It's an absolutely gorgeous card, Jennifer. I think I know the technique as 'Black Magic'. Yours certainly is just stunning!

Etha said...

what a pretty pumpkin! will have to check out that sheet ;)
great coloring!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...