The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

DRS Sketch, C4C47 - Here Comes Cooper!


Happy Sunday!  I am so excited to be blogging today because last night I stamped....JUST FOR FUN!!!  Yes, yes, yes!  It was fabulous.  Not that I don't ADORE my design team work, because I absolutely do, but the last month or two I've been so strapped for time in the REST of my life that I haven't done much stamping outside of the DT goodness (as you can see from my less-frequent blog posting).  But things are settling down a bit so last night I stamped and colored to my heart's content and played along with TWO challenges!!

Here is my card, featuring Look Out World Cooper from Paper Pretties.  He was my first Cooper purchase, I just love him!  He reminds me of my boys, so ready to take on anything!  My baby is going to Kindergarden this fall so I paired him with the sentiment from Off To School Sophia - it just FIT with this fall/boy Oliver patterned paper from Basic Grey.  I also used one of the Oliver Glazed Brads.  Ribbon is May Arts; Olive Ric Rack and the red came from Archiver's.  I used the QuicKutz Apples embossing folder to keep with the school theme.

I incorporated two challenges here!!  Woo hoo!!  I really like participating in challenges and haven't been keeping up very well this summer, so this is fun for me.  :) The first is a sketch, it's the current one from the DRS Designs blog.  This was a great one, especially for adding different papers and textures.  Here it is for reference: 

And the other is an inspiration piece, from the Crazy 4 Challenges blog (C4C47).  I was chatting with Jessie last night and she steered me over there.  Oh my, this room is SO fun!!  Now, I am aware that I did not follow the girly colors of the room (because I really wanted to use this Cooper!), but I love how they mixed the patterns and textures and made it all work.  So I pulled my inspiration from that and used stripes, polka dots, zig zags, and of course my apple background to represent the wall stencils.  Here's the inspiration picture:
  



How fun is that??  Maybe I can redecorate my bedroom...I'm sure that will go over GREAT, hahahahaha!

Don't forget, Paper Pretties is now in the United States, with fast, Fast, FAST (and cheap) shipping, quality customer service, and lots of NEW products!!  Also, all in-stock stamps are currently on sale up to 75% off, so go see what YOU need!  The Cooper I used today is only $5 right now.

That's it for me today!  I'll see you tomorrow for another LPS Monday.

9 people made my day!:

Heather said...

This is AWESOME!!!! Stamping for fun is the best!!! You totally rocked these challenges!!

Lorie said...

That is so cute! Completely captures that first day of school excitement!

StampOwl said...

Fabulous card, I am going to have to check out that embossing folder you used!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I LOVE it!! Totally cute and FUN!! Great job my friend!!

Tasha said...

Jen this is awesome! I love the DP you have used and colour combo and the little image is adorable
love tasha xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card!! Love the colors. You did an awesome job on it!!

Delia said...

This card is awesome, I love the colors and the sketch. thanks for sharing

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Jennifer.

Jennifer E. said...

Great card Jennifer & great job following the sketch! Thanks for playing along with DRS Designs! Good Luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...