The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

TIOT37, SC246 - Snowy Days Are Coming!

Welcome to this week's Try it out Tuesday from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design! This week our challenge is to use Flower Soft on our projects (keyword: TIOT37)! I'm fairly new to Flower Soft but I am loving it! I got the new Polar White in my last order from Susana - not only is it a great addition to flower bouquets, but it makes fabulous snow! As soon as I saw it in person I knew I had to use it to make snow at least once. It already has some snowy shimmer to it, but I added a bit more glitter, just to be safe! ;)

I have missed all my sweet images while I was rehabbing my hand, LOL. So I just had to ink up one of the cutie pies from the Victoria Case for SCACD Hearts & Hugs Collection 2! This is Autumn. I went to "the old standby" for a sketch today, I used this week's Sketch Challenge from Splitcoast (SC246). Here's the sketch:

I started off by stamping her in Memento Tuxedo Black ink (omitting the leaves) and coloring with Copic markers. I gave her nice, rosy cheeks and freckels - couldn't resist that! I paper pieced her tights (too cold for bare legs up here in the great white north)! Then I laid down the snow by her feet - she's having such fun she even kicked up a big clump in front of her boot (obviously, she doesn't have to shovel). Then I added some Shamrock Green Flower Soft to the band of her fuzzy hat. Lots of Kaisercraft Pearls in the corners and she's ready for winter!

A BIG announcement from Susana's Custom Art Card Design too!! The September release is coming up fast!! Next Tuesday the 29th - Susana will be releasing TWO new mini sets by two fabulous artists!! One is from Elisabeth Bell and the other from Victoria Case. All I can tell you is they are absolutely fun and fabulous The store blog Follow Your Heart will have blog candy with sneak peeks beginning on September 26th and running through 11 PM EST on the 28th. Hop on over to check it out. On the 29th you'll get to see cards and projects made with these new stamps on all the DT blogs and the store blog. These new releases will be available at the SCACD Store for purchase at 9:00 AM EST on September 29th so mark your calendar!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're inspired to try Flower Soft, if you haven't already, or to pull it out if you have some on hand!

12 people made my day!:

Dianne said...

Jennifer, I get to be the first to tell you how beautiful and creative your card is. I love what you did with the Flower Soft.

Maria Matter said...

So glad your hand is better!!!
This is lovely!! The FS really puts this card over the top!!! great job!
blessings, Maria

Unknown said...

Great news about your hand and this card is beautiful X

Christi Flores said...

I am so glad to hear that your hand is all better! I love your card!!!

Danni said...

How very clever!!! Love this!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

How wintery fun is she?!! Love her playing in the snow with her red cheeks & pretty tights! Fabulous job changin' up the image! Glad your hand is healing & you're doing better!

hugz,
Suzanne

stampingtink said...

Just love her! How much fun is she made up to be in snow rather than flowers! Love how you changed her up! Glad your hand is feeling good enough to craft with. We've missed you!

Big hugs to you,

Susan

Lisa H. said...

super cute card! love the touch of snow you added.

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!! Awesome job!

Kristine said...

Hi Jennifer! This is SUPER CUTE!! :) LOVE that image and all the snow you created! Just your wonderful site! =0)

Victoria said...

wow this is nice and bright, so cheerful - love it

Victoria
x

Jennifer Love said...

Yay! Glad the hand is feeling better! What a cute card! Love the paper pieced stockings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...