The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lily at the Beach - TIOT Style!

Good morning!! Welcome to another Try It Out Tuesday from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design! This week (TIOT27) we have a sketch challenge for you! You can see the sketch (above), and all of the DT's projects are featured on the SCACD blog.

Here is mine!

How can you not just want to cuddle that Lily from Pink Cat Studio!? She's just the cutest. This image is from the Lily at the Beach plate, available for the amazing price of $12.50 from SCACD! I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. I added some highlights with the Ranger white gel pen when all the coloring was done (of course!). That is such a great trick to add pop and highlighting! Cut and matted using Classic Rectangle Nestabilities. There is December Sky Shimmerz Blingz on her mask for that "wet & sparkly" look (which is hard to capture on film).

Thanks for stopping by! We just heard from Susana that she has added a bunch of new items to the store, so swing by and check it out when you have a chance! I hope you all have time to get sketchy with us at SCACD this week! Oh, and last thing, don't forget...


We have a release date!! The new Elisabeth Bell for SCACD stamps will be available for purchase THIS Friday, July 17th!!! Wow wow wow!! There is, of course, BLOG CANDY, details are up on the SCACD store blog Follow Your Heart TODAY, so you need to check that out. Who doesn't love candy -- and when Susana does candy she is SERIOUS!

Also, the DT will also be having a sneak preview BLOG HOP on Thursday, July 16th! See you back here then!

11 people made my day!:

Maria Matter said...

Hi Jennifer!
I'm never disappointed when I visit your blog...I just love your clean crisp style! Coordinating Lily's striped towel with the striped paper was brilliant! I love this card! Well done!
Blessings, Maria

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable! LOVE the embossed texture=perfect for this little swimming card. He's too cute!

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome...the bugged BG makes it!

Danni said...

I agree with Jess, the texture is perfect for this! Great card!!

stampingtink said...

I love, adore Lily! Love the textured background and that towel I swear is terricloth! You color so beautifully! Love her and I want to go swimming!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! Such fun colors and an adorable image!!! Great embellishing, too. Such a fabulous and fun card!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Fabulously cute & so summery Jennifer! Lily is a cutie & love, love the embossed background!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jami said...

This is awesome! Love that embossing folder with this - reminds me of pool tiles! :)

Lorelie Kim said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your Lily card!!! The CB bubble background was so perfect! I envy your coloring!

Aud said...

Such a fun and wonderful card! Love all the details!

Hugs,
Aud

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!! I love your coloring with all the wonderful highlights, and the sweet summery accents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...